We love our Sponsors. Please take a moment to visit their fabulous shops.

Brick House Fabrics The Painted Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Start Close In Sunny Day VintageCharm AccentsAdvertise with The Old Painted Cottage

Bella Inspirations Terbearco Katies Rose Cottage Designs American Home and GardenBetter With AgeAvalon Rose DesignGet a Tip Every Time

Thursday, April 26, 2012

28 What a Difference a Day Makes

I’d like to begin by thanking all those who came out and shopped and showed your support. And a big round of applause to Patrice and Lori for making this fabulous event even possible.

TVM5



What started out as a shady quiet little parking space…

space before


Magically transformed into this, my booth this past Sunday at the
Topanga Vintage Market, in Woodland Hills. Some of my larger pieces quickly sold by mid-morning, but there was still plenty for the pickin’…

space after

 


photo credit

photo credit
fix1

That’s my sweet mom sitting by the tree. She and my dad are my biggest supporters…

 

Not to mention my partner in crime, Adam, who’s my virtual support system. Without him, I don’t know how I would have pulled it all together…



This was such an amazing first show. I was busy with customers practically every single minute of the day, from our 8am opening, all the way up until 3pm when it was time to start packing. Although I even had a few last minute sales as we were packing up the van to leave at 4pm!

I was so excited to try out my new
Square. You can take credit cards from your iPhone right there on the spot! I had a line of ladies with plastic in hand. Thank goodness it takes just seconds to process.

creditcard001 creditcard222


I left my booth for about 15 minutes to shop check out the other vendors. It was great to see so many familiar faces! I didn’t have much time to catch everyone in their booths before I had run back to my own space to help customers, but here’s a peek at what I was able to snap on the go…

My friend Deva and her booth. {And that’s Victoria in the next booth over}…




Leah from
Bubba’s Antiques


My friend Denise

fix6

My favorite cowgirl, Teri…


fix8

And my favorite redhead Marilyn (right), with her sister




And just some fun random shots from the show…

fix3















The next show is going to be on May 27th, Memorial Day Weekend!

It’s held on the 4th Sunday of every month, and I’ll be there selling in my same space, beneath the shady trees.

greenapple

PS - Since this past show was totally sold out, Patrice and Lori are expanding the market! If you are thinking about becoming a vendor, here’s your chance. You can contact the ladies for more info here.





Till next time, click and keep up with us on our favorite sites….

http://www.buttonshut.com

Follow Me on Pinterest


28 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    I wish we were closer because I would love to attend this event. What a treasure trove! It's no doubt that you will continue to sell out.

    Deborah
    FairfieldHouseNJ.com

    PS You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! If you ever come to SoCal, this would be one not to miss!

      oxox
      Jennifer

      Delete
  2. Jen,
    If it weren't for the flu, I too, would have been there shopping! Glad you had a good turn out...
    the weather was a beautiful Spring day in Southern California!

    Best always,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you're under the weather. Feel better Miss Sheryl!

      Delete
  3. Jen,
    If it weren't for the flu, I too, would have been there shopping! Glad you had a good turn out...
    the weather was a beautiful Spring day in Southern California!

    Best always,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Skinny! So nice to see you on Sunday! Yes it was a FAB event!! I will be there each 4th Sunday! Good to see the quality of dealers all in one place...xok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Kathee! So glad to see you're smiling face there : )

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on a successful event. It is so nice seeing vintage continue to grow....CA has some great places to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks super fun! Wish I was there!! You are looking good Miss Jenny from the Block!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So surprised I didn't see you there...other plans came up?

      Delete
  7. looks like all you ladies were selling like crazy!! I saw alot of great things!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great show! I love Square! It's so nice and easy! Thanks for sharing lots of pictures!

    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic...wish I was closer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a great place to spend an afternoon, I love all the girl's booths. Can't wait for our local market to open next month. Thanks for sharing your great pictures and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a blast!! I would love to go but where IS this place located. Certainly not near the Deep South.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!!!! Looks like so much fun and great stuff. Square has revolutionized shows for us vendors. Love that. I'm getting ready for my first show of the year too! :)
    Thanks for sharing all the fun photos, glad it was a success for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennifer - I caught you at the WH Vintage Market and was amazed at your wares. I first have to apologize for not mentioning your name under the photos of your space I placed on our blog. I received a few cards and thought my memory would carry me through until I got home. Silly me. I will do so now. I would also like to add you to our 'blogs to check out' sidebar.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with for next month. See you the.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! No apologies necessary. I was so excited to see your post you did on the show. I hope you don't mind that I borrowed 2 of your pics of my booth. I tried emailing you through Etsy, to ask your permission.
      Looking very forward to next month...I'll be in the exact same spot. Stop by and say hi!

      Delete
  14. Oh my...you would have had to drag me out of there..kicking and screaming all the way!!!! So many amazing things..I do hope you had time to buy something..I am glad you did well..all the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that looks great! I wish we had something like that in Baltimore. Our Flea's are full of socks and Chinese knock off's :( I really like the way you have your booth set up, I've been wanting to do a few shows myself to see how they work, but it looks like I'll have to get out of town to do so!


    Terry
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CityFarmhouseAntique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been known to do a pre-set up in my garage before a show, to get the layout just right. (Did I just admit that out loud?)

      Delete
  16. so wish i lived closer....there were at least a dozen things in those pictures that would have come home with me!! I ADORE that French wicker cart with the flowers. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jennifer you look so cute! Is that your husband with you, he is adorable! I would have loved to shop at your booth, what a great looking flea market for selling your stuff, i saw LOTS of goodies!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it sure is. He is the BEST! We are so excited about this new market. Can't wait for next months!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

If you have an inquiry please use my Contact link at the top of my blog. That is the best way to reach me.

If you have a question about our home, please use the Cottage8 link (where you will find tons of FAQs!) at the top of my blog.

I read every comment that is left here. Thanks for taking the time to leave me one!