We love our Sponsors. Please take a moment to visit their fabulous shops.

Brick House Fabrics The Painted Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Start Close In Sunny Day VintageCharm AccentsAdvertise with The Old Painted Cottage

Bella Inspirations Terbearco Katies Rose Cottage Designs American Home and GardenSweet Cottage DreamsAvalon Rose DesignGet a Tip Every Time

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

10 This little blog of mine

…I’m gonna make it shine!

star

Thanks for your input on my recent Blogger--->Wordpress quandary. I’m taking a much needed sigh of relief. Cathy, my web designer/miracle worker, is helping me get through the migration process. That’s right, I’ve begun migrating! It’s all happening behind the scenes right now, so you won’t see any changes showing up just yet.

I wanted to take a moment to address some of your questions/concerns as to what to expect from my blog once I’ve finally switched over to Wordpress:


I will remain at the same blog address.

You should get automatically redirected over to my new blog on Wordpress without a hitch. If you do find that you hit an error page, you can always email me through my “contact” page, at the top of my site. I want to hear if you have any problems and I’ll try to help you through it.


My blog design will stay pretty much the same.

I know this was a pretty big concern for many of you. All my posts will show up on one single page just like they do now, with no need to click to expand each post.


There will be some fun new tools, plug-ins if you will.

One of the biggest reasons for wanting to switch over to Wordpress is to make this blog as user friendly as possible. Once it’s up, you should be able to navigate the entire site with one easy click, such as searching for a specific post through key words, commenting with much more ease, and easier links for navigating around the site.


I will be able to reply to your comments directly.

This is my favorite one of all. There have been so many times when folks ask me questions in the comments section, and by the time I get to answer it, it’s already buried by new comments, so the chances of that person finding my reply are slim. With Wordpress, I can reply directly to each individual comment, and I believe you can sign up to be notified of new comments.


greenapple

I will certainly keep you posted as things move along further.
I just wanted to keep you in the loop!



 


 pinterest

http://www.buttonshut.com

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move to Wordpress!

    I just had to comment on your last point - you can reply to comments in a blogger blog - I love that feature - I like being able to respond directly to people who take the time to comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - I think everyone BUT me can reply directly to comments on Blogger. I can see the Reply button, but when I click it, nothing happens : (

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird that you can't reply on yiur computer, but can through the iPhone. Gotta love the quirks!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jennifer!

    Hope the move is quick and easy. We will be here no matter who is hosting for you.

    Just a word about the Blogger reply feature... when it does work.... who reads it? I see that it may add to some dialog and maybe answers questions for other readers, but I never go back to check out the comments I've left. So unless another comment is left for me on my blog or an email is sent, I am unaware. How are others using this feature?

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi - on blogger when you reply on the blog comments section an email is also sent to the original commentor. so you don't have to go back to check,the reply is sent to you.
      this should happen with my comment!
      cheers Fiona

      Delete
    2. Thanks for this, Fiona! (I'm replying to you from my iPhone. For some reason I can't reply from my regular computer, if that makes sense).

      It is my understanding that on Wordpress, you can opt to receive follow-up comments via email.

      oxox
      Jennifer

      Delete
  4. I am so happy I moved to wordpress... I have really liked it! Not sure if it was mentioned when you asked, but remember once you are on wordpress (if it's after March 1) google friend connect will no longer work on your blog. They are 'suspending service' to all non blogger blogs. :( I happened to do a post on it today and share some alternative ways to follow blogs. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jennifer, Where did you see it at there? I was trying to find it and couldn't thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer! Happy Friday! Just wanted to add that you can also install a plug-in that will automatically e-mail the commenter when you reply to their comment on your site! That way, they'll never miss your comment reply. Good luck with the migration; I'm sure you won't regret it! ~Kerri, A Pop of Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen,

    Hope this goes well for you; I have been considering the same. What made you decide to do this? Please let me know how it turns out! Thanks. Kathryn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

If you have an inquiry please use my Contact link at the top of my blog. That is the best way to reach me.

If you have a question about our home, please use the Cottage8 link (where you will find tons of FAQs!) at the top of my blog.

I read every comment that is left here. Thanks for taking the time to leave me one!